Friday, September 18, 2009

Side Note NCSoft Customer Support....

I did want to make a mention of NCSoft's customer support though... I had an issue in OBT that I didnt have in any of the CBT's nor in C-Aion. I kept getting BSOD... So I have Infuse help me, I tell him what it is doing and he tells me where to go and look for the error messages and walks me through a couple of solutions, that winded up not working at all for me. Bless his heart he spent alot of time trying to help me figure it out so I could stay in game longer lol... Anyway I sent in a tech support ticket to NCSoft with all the BSOD error messages and a couple of more things that was causing warnings. Within 24 hours of my original ticket, they had responded to me already, sending me a Diagnostic tool to run and give them a report. As soon as they had the report I was given 2 different solutions. By this time the OBT was over with so I couldn't run the solutions and do what they asked me to do so I called the phone number provided in the email. I talked to a gentleman named Hayden who walked me through some stuff and told me what to do etc, he explained the last email I got in a little more Bel friendly English (computer software for dummies anyone?) Anyway I really cant run the solutions and the game until the game is back up, however he told me to create my characters today and to leave the game open to see if it causes the error again or if the solutions given to me worked. If they didn't work to call them back and hopefully we would have a solution that would work before Sunday. So Kudo's to the NCSoft Tech Support team for putting in that extra effort to make sure we all enjoy our game and if we have problems answering us as soon as possible.

The support team that has been a big part of Aionsource.com has always been very prompt in answering questions that they are able and finding the answers if they aren't. So I just really wanted to say from a customers prospective that is used to the non-existent Customer support in other games KUDOS and DOUBLE KUDOS to NCSoft and all of the Tech/Customer Support people you have in place!! Thank you guys :)

3 comments:

  1. Was impressed with how quick they got back to you and spent time on the phone even.. 1 small step torwards a happy customer base

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit here, I think you'll get a kick out of this:

    http://aionicthoughts.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/ncsoft-hard-at-work/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill be there,,, hey Bel still waiting to know witch server to go,, will you guy be still using black death vent????


    etudianttechno@hotmail.com

    take care school time

    hiler

    ReplyDelete