Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rangers...

So I am a little confused. I have been playing the class. I love the class and I am enjoying it very much. But I am confused, why is it almost every post on the Ranger boards is QQing?

I have had absolutely no issues playing the class, killing a mob before it gets to me or even taking a step or two back. Now am I saying I don't die? No, not at all. I make silly mistakes, pull to many mobs or just think ok I will run through this it cant be that bad...well it can be that bad lol. But hey who wants a class or game for that matter that is simple and easy to do? I don't, I love the challenge of playing a ranger either solo or grouped. Making sure you time those slows, sleeps and stuns right. This isn't a class where you just pick up a bow and shoot and everything dies you have to have some strat to it.

All I am saying is while playing C-Aion I have managed to teach myself how to kite, not because I had to for PVE but because I will need it in PVP ... A ranger is a RANGED class and should really and honestly not be able to stand toe to toe with a melee mob/player. You have to know how to move around and get things done without adding more mobs to your group of mobs lol..

My secrets if you want to call them that ... Lay a trap, start with Entangling Arrow, move to Snipe and what ever chain move you plain to use, depending on how far from the mob you were when you started the mob should be hitting the trap about now, and Entangling should be back up, Auto attack (actually make sure you are continuously auto attacking, I have noticed with my ranger that she will just stop so I put the auto attack button on my hot bar in the 1st slot.) Stun ... mob should be dead. Heal pots are your FRIEND!!!!! Now everyone is going to use their skill set differently but I just really don't understand the thought process that is going on on the forums I am reading lately.

ok rant off now... but can anyone explain to me the issue with Rangers? I know that lvl 10-20 can be a little slow and rough but the only skill you don't have for those levels is the actually Stun Arrow. However high crit chance, Crits can proc a stun or knock back.... I do tend to crit alot. Maybe that is the difference I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. I initially want to roll a sorc, but I think a ranger sounds fun too. I guess in OB I will try both, and see which one I like better.

    ReplyDelete