Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School's In...

And I find myself bored out of my mind. My children went back to school on the 17th. So here I sit looking for something to do...

I was playing Warhammer everyday for 10+ hours until I decided that I didn't want to pay the bill when it renewed last week. Lildevil Rank 40 Zealot almost to RR 70 (about 12% or so away when my account canceled) on Volkmar. I had been playing since about January in closed beta and went through the remainder of closed/open and early release. A game that had/has so much potential that really has turned into a zerg vs zerg. I went through the begining of the game where the population was so high on both sides we were in ques of 300+ and they had to make a duplicate server for us (Magnus). The server balanced out and there was never want for a fight could always find one on even ground. Order pushed forts went to IC... Destro pushed forts and went to Aldorf. One side did not over populate the other we were pretty even. Then as the game progressed and people stopped playing as people will do. Some of the servers got merged. With the first server merge we got Sylviana and Azazeal (I know I am not spelling either of those right sorry) All of a sudden we are Order heavy... My guild at the time stayed strong and rearranged things and joined a new alliance full of great people. (Black Death my new home and the DPS Alliance) We were finally getting some footing on the server again and going to Aldorf etc... Then all of a sudden we get 2 more servers merged into us that were both order heavy and all of a sudden we are back to square 1 again. I just can not do it again. I can not go through those growing pains again. Being outnumbered 2:1 or 3:1 is doable but not 10:1. Then yesterday I am reading the Herald cause I actually still read up on the game and talk to my guildies etc... they are making it even easier for the zerging faction to capture keeps and forts etc... So not my idea of a fun game where there is no challenge, where it is we have the numbers and it doesnt matter how many you bring to the party we will just run you over anyway.

Ok ok ok ... I need to get off the Warhammer topic. I really do not like to complain and I will stop on that for now :) On to brighter better things to come. Such as Aion.

I have been playing the closed beta for Aion for a while now. I have had the pleasure of playing a very polished and smooth game. Granted it is Beta and the servers probably are not full etc.. But Sunday night we are out there pvping open field (rifts) and it was easily 20 on 20 if not more sitting at full graphics and I did not drop below 60fps. The spell graphics going off all over the place and I did not die one time to a lag spike like I did so many times in WAR. The game is beautiful. There is enough challenge to make it intresting. To know that the things that I have seen in the game up to this point isnt even half of what is coming in release makes me so excited that I am literally sitting here tapping my fingers waiting on Open Beta and release. Sept can not get here fast enough for me.

4 comments:

  1. First! To Fall!

    Was here first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! agreed, sept. cannot get here soon enough... get my hands on what will be a REAL mmo.

    And shut it Rer... you just dont have a life. lol

    - Byrnes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not even running too badly on a nongaming laptop lol! :) <3 Aion. Need to fix my desktop before Sept. headstart though >.>

    ReplyDelete
  4. ill be there september 21th also

    ReplyDelete